Posted on 11/26/2013
Winter has definitely arrived, and the snowy peaks encourage the mountain lovers to organize the first ski weekends! Whether you are spa habitues or passionate skiers/snowboarders, intimate mountain huts frequenters or 5-star resorts regulars, expert mountain people or complete newbies, here are five things you might not have thought about, which will come in very handy during your short trip to the mountains.
1. The moisturizer: a richly textured cream with a good sun filter will protect your skin from the cold and the wind. If you’re opting for a minimal beauty case, choose a 2in1 hand and face formula.
2. Sunglasses with 4 UV filter: the refracted sunlight on the snow is much more intense than you could imagine! Choose a good pair of lenses to shield your eyes from UV rays.
3. A whistle: we’re not at a football match, neither at a traffic congested crossroad… but getting lost while taking a walk on the mountains is not that unusual – you are left behind while taking a picture, the fog suddenly comes down… in these cases, the whistle is a perfect no-panic solution, that will allow you to be heard at a long distance without running out of breath.
4. A multi-purpose pocket knife: you can use it to peel the fruit, carve the classic heart with your initials inside on a tree, open your way through impassable paths… make sure it’s equipped with a corkscrew!
5. Wine: a good glass of liquorous Oxydia by the fireplace is the best way to warm up your bodies and souls after a long, cold day! Sip it while tasting a sweet strudel, to restore your energy…