Posted on 07/12/2013
A JOURNEY TO MARSALA
Have you always wanted to visit Sicily? This could be the perfect year: Marsala was elected European Wine City for 2013! Choose it as a destination for a weekend of relax, history and culture or as a starting point to a long trip across the island.
Here are some tips for an unforgettable vacation:
- First of all, pack your bags: summer in Sicily is hot and sunny, so if you want to enjoy its wonders don’t forget to bring fresh clothes, comfortable shoes, hats and a thermal bag to keep the bottles cool.
- If you’re traveling by plane, the Trapani airport is the nearest to the city and it is served by many low-cost airlines; if your flight lands in Palermo, instead, you can still reach Marsala by car or by bus in a little more than one hour.
- For a full-immersion in archaeology and nature, visit the island of Mothia: you can choose between making a guided tour on boat across the salt pans, or to walk to the ancient Phoenician city and to the amazing museum.
- Are you looking for crystal-clear sea and breathtaking landscapes? Cross the Tyrrhenian sea and reach the Egadi Islands: Favignana, Levanzo e Marettimo are not far from Marsala’s harbor!
- Last but not least, don’t forget to visit the Florio Cellars: you’ll learn the history of Florio, Corvo and Duca di Salaparuta and taste the best wines of the island, including the sophisticated Baglio Florio!