A vegetarianized recipe for a perfect aperitif with Corvo Glicine: Mini Nacho Cupcakes
By Adrienne D. Capps
Servings: Makes 64 cupcakes; 1 per serving
Time: About one hour active; 90 minutes total (plus overnight for the beans)
1 refried bean recipe
1 baleadas recipe, just the dough
1 grilled guacamole recipe
5 tablespoons hot sauce
5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2/3 cup light sour cream
2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1. Make refried beans according to recipe and set aside.
2. Make baleadas recipe, steps 1-2 only. While the dough is resting, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Divide each 16th of dough into four equal parts. Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray—one in the cups and one on the bottom. Place each quarter piece of dough into a muffin cup, and press down until evenly distributed in the cup. Place the bottom-sprayed tin on top of dough and press down. Place tin in oven and put an oven-proof pot or foil-wrapped brick on top. Bake 20 minutes, rotating half-way through. Remove from oven, turn onto cooling rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Make grilled guacamole according to recipe and set aside.
5. Turn oven heat down to 350 degrees. When cupcake shells are cooled, put 1/2 tablespoon of refried beans into each. Top with 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes and repeat with remaining shells.
6. When cooled slightly, top with sour cream, cilantro and tomato.